Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bad Days

I've been working on trying to keep things in perspective. Today for example, was not the best, but when I think about it... even my really bad day at work is someone else's dream day.

I woke up warm, safe, loved, healthy, and employed. I played with my internet phone on my convenient commute, learned new things, interacted with intelligent, kind people, and came home to a son that amazes me every day. We struggle less if we understand and empathize with the struggles of all. I believe that this way of thinking is key to living as a functioning anarchist in a capitalist nightmare.

Be understanding and humble.
Be sympathetic and kind.
Understand and recognize your privilege.
Work hard, HARD, every day, to better yourself and the world around you.
Fight, passionately, for what you believe to be right and good.
Don't get tricked into falling in line or giving up your values.
Hug people.
Cry openly.
Open up.
Reach out.
Sing out loud, even when people are listening, even when they aren't.
Give, everything you can, especially your heart.

So how was my day...? Well it wasn't all that bad in the grand scheme of things.
And tonight my son gave me a big hug and kiss goodnight.
And tomorrow is another day.

Be fucking brave, in everything you do. Even the little things.

No comments: